HORSHAM MP, JEREMY QUIN, MEETS NEW LOCAL INTAKE OF RECRUITS AT ONE OF UK’s LARGEST INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT FIRMS
Jeremy Quin, Member of Parliament for Horsham, met a local group of recruits who are starting a career at one of the largest UK investment management firms, Schroders Investment Management.
Mr Quin toured the Broadlands Business Campus in Horsham on Friday 13 May and spoke with the new joiners who have been recruited for the Schroders Operations Academy via Investment20/20 – an organisation which seeks to create a more diverse and inclusive investment industry and enable aspiring professionals to start their career in investment management.
The new roles created in Horsham were open to anyone over the age of 18 and not contingent on previous academic performance or professional experience. The roles were filled by working closely with local job centres, colleges, schools and universities, as well as publicising them on social media.
Schroders has recruited 32 trainees and apprentices to work in its IT Hub and Operations Teams at the Business Campus which employees 215 staff in total. The recruits will be completing a two-year paid placement during which they will benefit from training, networking opportunities and hands-on experience.
Jeremy Quin MP said: “I am delighted Schroders, an internationally renowned firm in an important growth industry, is invested in Horsham and building their presence in our community. I welcome the fact that they are creating quality jobs, in partnership with Investment20/20, and seeking to fill them through a proactive approach to recruitment, identifying a diverse range of candidates to maximise talent.”
Karis Stander, Managing Director of Investment20/20, said: “Over the last three years, we have been liaising with local schools and colleges, including The College of Richard Collyer and The Weald School, as well as taking part in the Horsham Apprenticeship Fair. It’s been wonderful getting to know the local community and the talented people in this area. We were delighted to introduce Jeremy Quin to our new trainees and apprentices who have worked incredibly hard to secure their jobs with Schroders Investment Management in Horsham.
“Over the next two years they will have amazing opportunities to learn a range of skills within their roles and Investment20/20 will be supporting them throughout with broader training to help them become more confident and knowledgeable about the sector. By the end of their two-year placement, they will also have a fantastic industry network base which will prove incredibly useful for their future career progression.”
Sheila Nicoll, Head of Public Policy, Schroders, said: “We are delighted that the Member of Parliament for Horsham, Jeremy Quin, visited us at Broadlands to meet our new recruits on the Schroders Operations Academy. The programme has been invaluable in helping us to recruit and support 32 people in Horsham over the last three years who bring diverse experience, fresh perspectives and ways of thinking.”
Notes to Editors:
For further information, please contact:
Katie Martin, Head of Communications: [email protected]
Navdeep Sidhu, Corporate Affairs Manager: [email protected]
T: +44 (0)20 7269 4655
E: [email protected]
- Investment20/20, part of the Investment Association, is the careers and talent solution for the investment management industry, with a focus on widening access to diverse talent at grassroots level.
- Investment20/20 has recruited and supported more than 2,000 trainees and apprentices for its 60+ partner firms from the investment and wealth management sector since it was founded seven years ago by Andrew Formica, CEO of Jupiter Investment Management and Nichola Pease, Chairperson of Jupiter Asset Management.
- Investment20/20’s aims are to ensure an increasingly wide range of young people can access the knowledge they need to make an informed decision; to make opportunities easier to find and applications more straightforward; and to engender a positive perception of the industry amongst all the students in 3,700 schools, colleges and universities with which the programme communicates. Investment20/20 will also continue to provide valuable training and networking opportunities in London and Edinburgh to new recruits into the sector.
- For more details about Investment2020 visit our website.
About Schroders Investment Management:
- Founded in 1804, Schroders is one of Europe’s largest independent investment management firms by assets under management. As at 31 December 2021, assets under management were £731.6 billion (€871.3 billion; $990.9 billion).
- The founding family remain a core shareholder, holding approximately 48% of the firm’s voting shares. Schroders has continued to deliver strong financial results. It has a market capitalisation of circa £8 billion and employs over 5,700 people across 37 locations.