IA brings new voices to the table with launch of Next Generation Investment Committee
Future leaders in investment management will be given a bigger voice and greater opportunities to shape the industry as the Investment Association (IA) launches its new Next Generation Investment Committee today.
The new committee, which will hold its first formal meeting this morning, has been created to bring new perspectives and creative challenge to the industry’s thinking on investment and capital markets. The committee members have been selected by their firms as future industry leaders who have strong potential to become CIOs or Heads of Asset Class, as well as for the diverse perspectives they can bring to the table.
Shadowing the main Investment Committee, one of the IA’s high-level committees, the Next Generation Investment Committee will examine a range of issues including: achieving efficient and effective markets across all asset classes, the integration of sustainability into the investment process and the wider role of the industry in society, as well as developments relating to the changing policy and regulatory environment.
Chris Cummings, Chief Executive of the Investment Association, said: “It is vital we bring in fresh perspectives and hear from a diverse range of voices to ensure our industry remains globally competitive and continues to thrive. The creation of this new committee is an important step in achieving this and supporting the future talent of the investment management industry.”
Richard Lacaille, Chair of IA's Investment Committee and Global CIO at State Street Global Advisors, said: “With Generation Z now firmly having entered the workplace, the generational gap in our industry has grown wider. The creation of this new committee will help bridge this, by enabling aspiring individuals to better understand the boardroom-level issues affecting our industry, while providing their fresh perspectives on these challenges and opportunities. I wish the new committee success and look forward to working with its members.”
Notes to Editors:
Members of the IA’s Next Generation Investment Committee include:
- Katy Forbes, Head of Absolute Return, Multi-Asset Solutions, Aberdeen Standard Investments
- Jayesh Mistry, Associate Portfolio Manager, Allianz Global Investors
- Rakesh Girdharlal, Head of LDI, Aviva Investors
- Yasmin Meissner, Co-Head of Sustainable Investing for Multi Asset Solutions & Strategies, BlackRock Investment Management (UK)
- Lianne Walsh, Managing Director, Head of Solutions Risk Management and Control, Investment Solutions EMEA, BMO Global Asset Management (UK)
- Rosie McMellin, Director of Portfolio Management, Fixed Income, Fidelity International
- Louise Walewska, Head of Investment Process, Private Debt, HSBC Global Asset Management
- Emily Roberts, Senior Analyst, Global Equities, Invesco
- Sarah Peasey, Head of Responsible Investment Strategy. Legal & General Investment Management
- Maria Municchi, Multi Asset Fund Manager, M&G Investments
- Anna Farmbrough, Analyst, NinetyOne
- Marcus Jennings, Fixed Income Strategist, Schroders Investment Management
- Zehra Sayeed Portfolio Manager, Global Equity Beta Solutions, State Street Global Advisors UK Ltd
For further information, please contact:
Katie Martin, Head of Communications: [email protected]
T: +44 (0)20 7269 4655
Helen Ayres, Communications Manager: [email protected]
T: +44 (0)20 7269 4620
David Parton, Communications Executive: [email protected]
T: +44 (0)20 7269 4625
IA press office: [email protected]
T: 020 7269 4696
About the Investment Association (IA):
- The IA champions UK investment management, supporting British savers, investors and businesses. Our 250 members manage £8.5 trillion of assets and the investment management industry supports 113,000 jobs across the UK.
- Our mission is to make investment better. Better for clients, so they achieve their financial goals. Better for companies, so they get the capital they need to grow. And better for the economy, so everyone prospers.
- Our purpose is to ensure investment managers are in the best possible position to:
- Build people’s resilience to financial adversity
- Help people achieve their financial aspirations
- Enable people to maintain a decent standard of living as they grow older
- Contribute to economic growth through the efficient allocation of capital.
- The money our members manage is in a wide variety of investment vehicles including authorised investment funds, pension funds and stocks and shares ISAs.
- The UK is the second largest investment management centre in the world, after the US and manages over a third (37%) of all assets managed in Europe.