IA comments on the Budget
Commenting on the Budget, Chris Cummings, CEO of the Investment Association, said:
“This is a Budget to help the country on the road to recovery by boosting skills, innovation and infrastructure across the nation. Investment managers want to see businesses thrive, and that’s why measures such as the National Infrastructure Bank, and the Future Fund: Breakthrough initiative are welcome news. They will provide much needed capital to help businesses to grow and create jobs as we emerge from the crisis.
“The Green Bond will help the UK to bolster its credentials as a world leading green investment centre, and the new 'Super Deduction' offers a very positive kick-start to business investment. Investors will be keen to hear from companies about how they will update their capital investment plans in light of the scheme.
“We also support the Chancellor’s proposals for an extension of the apprenticeship grants and a new visa scheme to help businesses employ people with needed skills.”
For further information, please contact:
Katie Martin, Head of Communications: [email protected]
T: +44 (0)20 7269 4655
Helen Ayres, Communications Manager: [email protected]
T: +44 (0)20 7269 4620
David Parton, Communications Executive: [email protected]
T: +44 (0)20 7269 4625
IA press office: [email protected]
T: 020 7269 4696
About the Investment Association (IA):
- The IA champions UK investment management, supporting British savers, investors and businesses. Our 250 members manage £8.5 trillion of assets and the investment management industry supports 113,000 jobs across the UK.
- Our mission is to make investment better. Better for clients, so they achieve their financial goals. Better for companies, so they get the capital they need to grow. And better for the economy, so everyone prospers.
- Our purpose is to ensure investment managers are in the best possible position to:
- Build people’s resilience to financial adversity
- Help people achieve their financial aspirations
- Enable people to maintain a decent standard of living as they grow older
- Contribute to economic growth through the efficient allocation of capital.
- The money our members manage is in a wide variety of investment vehicles including authorised investment funds, pension funds and stocks and shares ISAs.
- The UK is the second largest investment management centre in the world, after the US and manages over a third (37%) of all assets managed in Europe.