IA comments on the UK-EU Brexit trade deal
Commenting on the UK-EU Brexit trade deal, Chris Cummings, CEO of the Investment Association, said:
"Today's announcement that a deal has been reached is good news for the millions of British and European savers and investors who rely on the investment management industry and is a welcome first step in defining the future relationship between the UK and the EU. Given the economic impact of the coronavirus, it is essential that governments focus on growth orientated policies that support a swift recovery. The investment management industry has a central role in helping to turn the savings of millions of people into investments that companies now urgently need. The best way to unleash this potential is for the EU to recognise the UK's regulatory regime as being equivalent to its own and minimise any further disruption in the market."
For further information, please contact:
Katie Martin, Head of Communications: [email protected]
T: +44 (0)20 7269 4655
Helen Ayres, Communications Manager: [email protected]
T: +44 (0)20 7269 4620
David Parton, Communications Executive: [email protected]
T: +44 (0)20 7269 4625
IA press office: [email protected]
T: 020 7269 4696
About the Investment Association (IA):
- The IA champions UK investment management, supporting British savers, investors and businesses. Our 250 members manage £8.5 trillion of assets and the investment management industry supports 113,000 jobs across the UK.
- Our mission is to make investment better. Better for clients, so they achieve their financial goals. Better for companies, so they get the capital they need to grow. And better for the economy, so everyone prospers.
- Our purpose is to ensure investment managers are in the best possible position to:
- Build people’s resilience to financial adversity
- Help people achieve their financial aspirations
- Enable people to maintain a decent standard of living as they grow older
- Contribute to economic growth through the efficient allocation of capital.
- The money our members manage is in a wide variety of investment vehicles including authorised investment funds, pension funds and stocks and shares ISAs.
- The UK is the second largest investment management centre in the world, after the US and manages over a third (37%) of all assets managed in Europe.