INVESTMENT ASSOCIATION APPOINTS LGIM CIO, SONJA LAUD, AS CHAIR OF INVESTMENT COMMITTEE
Executive Vice President and Senior Adviser of State Street Group,
Galina Dimitrova, Director of Investment and Capital Markets at the Investment Association, said: “We are thrilled to welcome Sonja to this post, who, having served as our Deputy Chair, already has a solid understanding of our committee’s work. We look forward to harnessing her deep investment knowledge, as we embark on further change and evolution for our industry. Sonja’s advice and support will be instrumental as we continue to help and guide members, and navigate the path ahead.
“It has been a pleasure working with our outgoing Chair, Rick Lacaille, and we thank him for all of his work with our committee over the years and in particular, in his role as our Chair since January 2020.”
Sonja Laud, Chair of the IA’s Investment Committee, and Chief Investment Officer of Legal & General Investment Management, said: “I’m delighted to be taking on the role as chair of the Investment Committee at such a crucial point in time for our industry. Whilst uncertainty around the pandemic continues, as an industry our focus remains to support investors deliver on their investment objectives. I look forward to working with the committee as we head into 2022 where the emphasis on ESG investing continues and with that making a real, positive impact on the companies and markets in which we invest and on society as a whole.”
Sonja’s role as Chair will be multifaceted, and main responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the IA Executive Team to provide advice and support on matters of strategic importance and industry priority.
- Acting as an ambassador for the UK investment industry, representing the IA to stakeholders and senior policy makers in the UK, EU, and globally.
- Setting the agenda, style and tone of the Investment Committee discussions to promote a culture of openness, effective decision-making and constructive debate.
For further information, please contact:
Katie Martin, Head of Communications: [email protected]
T: +44 (0)20 7269 4655
Camilla Esmund, Communications Executive: [email protected]
T: +44 (0)20 7269 4625
IA press office: [email protected]
T: 020 7269 4696
About the Investment Association (IA):
- The IA champions UK investment management, supporting British savers, investors and businesses. Our 270 members manage £9.4 trillion of assets and the investment management industry supports 114,000 jobs across the UK.
- Our mission is to make investment better. Better for clients, so they achieve their financial goals. Better for companies, so they get the capital they need to grow. And better for the economy, so everyone prospers.
- Our purpose is to ensure investment managers are in the best possible position to:
- Build people’s resilience to financial adversity
- Help people achieve their financial aspirations
- Enable people to maintain a decent standard of living as they grow older
- Contribute to economic growth through the efficient allocation of capital.
- The money our members manage is in a wide variety of investment vehicles including authorised investment funds, pension funds and stocks and shares ISAs.
- The UK is the second largest investment management centre in the world, after the US and manages over a third (37%) of all assets managed in Europe.