The Investment Association launches Future World of Work project
The latest thinking from leading experts in investment management and beyond on what the future world of work might look like, has been brought together in a new document published by the Investment Association (IA) today. The Future World of Work is a series of thought leadership pieces and case studies designed to generate discussion and help investment managers navigate the workplace of the future.
The pandemic has, and will continue to shape the economy, society, and future working environment. The Future World of Work collates the latest thinking on three key areas: the office of the future; working patterns and practices; and skills and behaviours. These are underpinned by two other crucial topics for the industry: diversity and inclusion considerations and the evolving regulatory environment.
The UK holds an integral position in global investment management and this brings immense benefits to communities all across the UK, and savers looking for guidance and access to the best products available. As the UK begins to recover from the pandemic, it is a critical time for the industry to consider and develop this status. By creating an attractive working environment, going forward, the UK will be able to continue to attract and retain the highest calibre of investment talent.
Chris Cummings, Chief Executive of The Investment Association, said: “As we approach the end of COVID restrictions, we are reaching a pivotal time for the investment industry, and we remain committed to supporting our members in the next stage of this transition.
“Our industry’s ability to adapt quickly and efficiently in the face of uncertainty has been exemplary. It is now time to learn from those experiences, using them to help shape the future of work and making sure it is inclusive for all.”
The full document can be found here.
For further information, please contact:
Katie Martin, Head of Communications: [email protected]
T: +44 (0)20 7269 4655
Camilla Esmund, Communications Executive: [email protected]
T: +44 (0)20 7269 4625
IA Press Office: [email protected]
About the Investment Association (IA):
- The IA champions UK investment management, supporting British savers, investors and businesses. Our 250 members manage £8.5 trillion of assets and the investment management industry supports 113,000 jobs across the UK.
- Our mission is to make investment better. Better for clients, so they achieve their financial goals. Better for companies, so they get the capital they need to grow. And better for the economy, so everyone prospers.
- Our purpose is to ensure investment managers are in the best possible position to:
- Build people’s resilience to financial adversity
- Help people achieve their financial aspirations
- Enable people to maintain a decent standard of living as they grow older
- Contribute to economic growth through the efficient allocation of capital.
- The money our members manage is in a wide variety of investment vehicles including authorised investment funds, pension funds and stocks and shares ISAs.
- The UK is the second largest investment management centre in the world, after the US and manages over a third (37%) of all assets managed in Europe.