The Investment Association's Fintech Hub Opens Search for New Cohort
Engine, the Investment Association’s specialist FinTech accelerator and innovation hub for the investment management industry, has opened applications for a fifth cohort of cutting-edge FinTech innovators to join the Engine Innovator Programme.
Three years since its official launch, Engine is now home to over 150 FinTechs, with 20 of those taking part in the Engine Innovator Programme.
Engine has also continued the expansion of its Global Partner Programme having recently signed MOUs with Hong Kong and Saudi Arabia. This development is part of Engine’s international initiative which establishes connections between key FinTech hubs across the globe to foster greater collaboration, build momentum, and advance the broader FinTech agenda.
The intensive six-month Engine Innovator Programme gives unparalleled access to IA and industry expertise and intel, as well as valuable exposure to industry networks and potential clients. Participants will also benefit from 1-2-1 meetings and mentoring with the expert Engine Advisory Panel made up of 29 industry practitioners who are on hand to support and connect. The fifth cohort will officially join and participate in the Engine Innovator Programme in March 2022.
FinTech firms with market-viable technology that addresses the needs of the investment management sector are encouraged to find out more about the programme by visiting the Engine website. Applications will remain open until midnight on Monday 29 November.
Gillian Painter, Head of Membership and Engine at the Investment Association, said:
“We recognise the strength, depth, and talent of FinTechs in the UK, and we want to actively support and encourage the growth of these firms.
“The impact of the pandemic placed a significant emphasis on the importance of technology for businesses’ operational resilience, and in turn, investment firms are increasingly eager to discover the ways FinTechs can help transform the complexity of their business and create more effective ways to serve their customers. Engaging with FinTech providers not only delivers significant efficiencies throughout the value chain, but an agility that will help the UK retain its position as a global leader in investment management.
“In the search for our fifth cohort, we are looking for cutting-edge FinTechs to join Engine, champion the tech adoption agenda, and work with our experts to help shape innovation.”
For further information, please contact:
Katie Martin, Head of Communications: [email protected]
T: +44 (0)20 7269 4655
Clive Booth, Communications Manager: [email protected]
T: +44 7960 149 200
Camilla Esmund, Communications Executive: [email protected]
T: +44 (0)20 7269 4625
IA press office: [email protected]
T: 020 7269 4696
About the Investment Association (IA):
- The IA champions UK investment management, supporting British savers, investors and businesses. Our 270 members manage £9.4 trillion of assets and the investment management industry supports 114,000 jobs across the UK.
- Our mission is to make investment better. Better for clients, so they achieve their financial goals. Better for companies, so they get the capital they need to grow. And better for the economy, so everyone prospers.
- Our purpose is to ensure investment managers are in the best possible position to:
- Build people’s resilience to financial adversity
- Help people achieve their financial aspirations
- Enable people to maintain a decent standard of living as they grow older
- Contribute to economic growth through the efficient allocation of capital.
- The money our members manage is in a wide variety of investment vehicles including authorised investment funds, pension funds and stocks and shares ISAs.
- The UK is the second largest investment management centre in the world, after the US and manages over a third (37%) of all assets managed in Europe.