Northern Trust Asset Management’s Marie Dzanis joins Investment Association Board
Thursday 22 October 2020
Marie Dzanis, Head of Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) at Northern Trust Asset Management has today been appointed to the Investment Association’s Board of Directors.
Announcing the appointment, Chris Cummings, Chief Executive of the Investment Association, said:
“I’m really pleased to welcome Marie to our Board of Directors. During these challenging times, tested and assured leadership is more important than ever. Marie will bring a depth of industry experience and dynamic vision to the IA board and I look forward to her insight and leadership."
Commenting on her appointment to the Board, Marie Dzanis, Head of EMEA at Northern Trust Asset Management, said:
“I’m delighted to be joining the IA board of industry leaders at this critical moment for the investment management industry. Our industry plays a central role in helping people achieve their goals and build sustainable communities. I look forward to getting involved with the Association’s work as we face the changes ahead and ensure our industry continues to serve investors.”
Marie’s appointment will take effect immediately.
Notes to Editors:
- Appointments to the IA board are usually for three-year terms. Board members may seek re-election after their term is complete.
- Marie Dzanis heads Northern Trust Asset Management in EMEA. With 25 years of experience in investment management, she is a recognised industry leader. Her multifaceted career began as a financial advisor and subsequently includes experience in securities lending and trading, product development, product sales, sales management and branch management. Prior to joining Northern Trust in 2011, she held executive and leadership positions at iShares/Blackrock, JPMorgan Asset Management and Smith Barney.
For further information, please contact:
Katie Martin, Head of Communications: [email protected]
T: +44 (0)20 7269 4655
Helen Ayres, Communications Manager: [email protected]
T: +44 (0)20 7269 4620
David Parton, Communications Executive: [email protected]
T: +44 (0)20 7269 4625
IA press office: [email protected]
T: 020 7269 4696
About the Investment Association (IA):
- The IA champions UK investment management, supporting British savers, investors and businesses. Our 250 members manage £8.5 trillion of assets and the investment management industry supports 113,000 jobs across the UK.
- Our mission is to make investment better. Better for clients, so they achieve their financial goals. Better for companies, so they get the capital they need to grow. And better for the economy, so everyone prospers.
- Our purpose is to ensure investment managers are in the best possible position to:
- Build people’s resilience to financial adversity
- Help people achieve their financial aspirations
- Enable people to maintain a decent standard of living as they grow older
- Contribute to economic growth through the efficient allocation of capital.
- The money our members manage is in a wide variety of investment vehicles including authorised investment funds, pension funds and stocks and shares ISAs.
- The UK is the second largest investment management centre in the world, after the US and manages 37% of all assets managed in Europe.
About Northern Trust Asset Management:
- Northern Trust Asset Management is a global investment manager that helps investors navigate changing market environments, so they can confidently realize their long-term objectives. Entrusted with US$1.0 trillion of investor assets as of June 30, 2020, we understand that investing ultimately serves a greater purpose and believe investors should be compensated for the risks they take — in all market environments and any investment strategy. That’s why we combine robust capital markets research, expert portfolio construction and comprehensive risk management to craft innovative and efficient solutions that deliver targeted investment outcomes. As engaged contributors to our communities, we consider it a great privilege to serve our investors and our communities with integrity, respect, and transparency.
- Northern Trust Asset Management is composed of Northern Trust Investments, Inc., Northern Trust Global Investments Limited, Northern Trust Fund Managers (Ireland) Limited, Northern Trust Global Investments Japan, K.K., NT Global Advisors, Inc., 50 South Capital Advisors, LLC, and investment personnel of The Northern Trust Company of Hong Kong Limited, Belvedere Advisors LLC and The Northern Trust Company.