SEVEN NEW DIRECTORS JOIN THE INVESTMENT ASSOCIATION’S BOARD
Seven new directors have today been appointed to the Investment Association’s Board of Directors, deepening the breadth of participation across the sector and maintaining a diverse cross section of appointees.
The appointees join the Board from a range of firms including some of the largest asset managers in the country, and more boutique firms ensuring the Board continues to be representative of the whole investment management sector.
Joining the Board effective immediately are:
Alexandra Altinger, Chief Executive – J O Hambro Capital Management
Catherine O’Reilly, Regional Managing Partner and Chief Administrative Officer – Fiera Capital
Hassan Elmasry, Managing Partner – Independent Franchise Partners
Stephen Cohen, Head of the Europe, Middle East and Africa region – BlackRock
Sean Hagerty, Managing Director – Vanguard Europe
Peter Harrison, Group Chief Executive – Schroders
Chris Hill, Chief Executive – Hargreaves Lansdown.
Keith Skeoch, Chief of the Investment Association Board, said: “It’s a great pleasure to welcome Alexandra, Catherine, Hassan, Stephen, Sean, Peter and Chris to the IA’s Board. Their expertise and insight will enable the IA to remain an authoritative voice for the investment management industry. We also owe a great deal to the Directors whose terms of office have come to an end today – they have helped to steer the industry during a very tumultuous period.”
These new appointments replace existing vacancies and directors whose second and final term of office expired at the 2021 AGM.
For further information, please contact:
Katie Martin, Head of Communications: [email protected]
T: +44 (0)20 7269 4655
Clive Booth, Communications Manager: clive.boot[email protected]
T: +44 7960 149 200
Camilla Esmund, Communications Executive: [email protected]
T: +44 (0)20 7269 4625
IA press office: [email protected]
T: 020 7269 4696
About the Investment Association (IA):
- The IA champions UK investment management, supporting British savers, investors and businesses. Our 250 members manage £8.5 trillion of assets and the investment management industry supports 113,000 jobs across the UK.
- Our mission is to make investment better. Better for clients, so they achieve their financial goals. Better for companies, so they get the capital they need to grow. And better for the economy, so everyone prospers.
- Our purpose is to ensure investment managers are in the best possible position to:
- Build people’s resilience to financial adversity
- Help people achieve their financial aspirations
- Enable people to maintain a decent standard of living as they grow older
- Contribute to economic growth through the efficient allocation of capital.
- The money our members manage is in a wide variety of investment vehicles including authorised investment funds, pension funds and stocks and shares ISAs.
- The UK is the second largest investment management centre in the world, after the US and manages over a third (37%) of all assets managed in Europe.