IA launches iNED Club to support new governance roles
Monday 5 August 2019
The Investment Association (IA) has launched its ‘iNED Club’ to support independent non-executive directors (iNEDs) fulfil their role in providing effective oversight and scrutiny on fund boards.
Under new FCA rules, fund managers are required to appoint at least two iNEDs to their boards before the deadline of 30th September. These individuals will have a particular role supporting and challenging the board in its assessment of value for each fund, ensuring that it is managed in the best interests of all investors.
The IA’s iNED Club has been created for iNEDs within the investment management industry. The suite of resources comprises an online portal providing access to relevant research and reports, which will be regularly updated to help iNEDs fulfil their duties. The IA is also delivering a comprehensive suite of practical training courses focussed on board governance and succession, as well as a series briefing and networking events for the iNED community.
Chris Cummings, Chief Executive of the Investment Association, said:
“iNEDs will play a crucial role in providing independent oversight and scrutiny, and as an industry we welcome their input in ensuring investors remain at the heart of decision making.
“We also recognise that they will require support in fulfilling their roles, which is why we have launched the iNED Club to provide a one-stop shop to enable iNEDs to access training and share best practice.”
For further information, please contact:
Ben Rathe, Senior Communications Manager: [email protected]
T +44 (0)20 7831 0898
Helen Ayres, Communications Manager: [email protected]
T +44 (0)20 7269 4620;
IA press office: [email protected]
For iNED Club enquiries:
Keith Phillips, Director, Membership & Enterprise: [email protected]
About the Investment Association (IA):
- The IA champions UK investment management, supporting British savers, investors and businesses. Our 250 members manage £7.7 trillion of assets and the investment management industry supports 100,000 jobs across the UK.
- Our mission is to make investment better. Better for clients, so they achieve their financial goals. Better for companies, so they get the capital they need to grow. And better for the economy, so everyone prospers.
- Our purpose is to ensure investment managers are in the best possible position to:
- Build people’s resilience to financial adversity
- Help people achieve their financial aspirations
- Enable people to maintain a decent standard of living as they grow older
- Contribute to economic growth through the efficient allocation of capital.
- The money our members manage is in a wide variety of investment vehicles including authorised investment funds, pension funds and stocks and shares ISAs.
- The UK is the second largest investment management centre in the world, after the US and manages 35% of all assets managed in Europe.