IA tackles cyber threats with launch of new intelligence service for investment managers
Friday 24 April 2020
A new cyber threat intelligence platform to help investment managers protect their firms against cyber security threats has been launched today by the Investment Association (IA).
IA TITAN, the IA’s Threat Intelligence Alert Network, powered by Anomali, a leader in intelligence-driven cyber security solutions, will provide a real-time dashboard bringing together alerts from law enforcement, government agencies and other relevant authorities, on cyber hazards and risks, within the investment management community. The alerts will cover a range of threats including: malware, ransomware, and software vulnerabilities.
COVID-19 has highlighted the critical role cyber security plays in ensuring operational resilience. The timely launch of the platform is part of the IA’s wider strategy to help investment managers protect their businesses and customers against cyber threats and tackle cyber crime.
Chris Cummings, Chief Executive of the Investment Association, said:
“Cyber security and operational resilience is a board-level focus for the investment management industry, which is why we need to tackle head-on the threat cyber espionage and financial crime can pose to members’ operations.
“As COVID-19 has shown, criminals are prepared to take advantage of any situation for their financial gain. The ever-changing nature of these online threats goes right to the core of IA TITAN, which will provide industry-specific insights into cyber security threats, helping to keep customers and businesses safe.”
Hugh Njemanze, Chief Executive of Anomali, said:
“The problem of how to address cyberthreats is compounded by the overwhelming volumes of data about them, confusion over which security solutions are effective, and shortages of cybersecurity professionals. With the introduction of IA TITAN, the Investment Association is arming its members with a platform that will provide them with the intelligence they need to protect their businesses against cyberattacks.”
For further information, please contact:
Katie Martin, Head of Communications: [email protected]
T: +44 (0)20 7269 4655
Helen Ayres, Communications Manager: [email protected]
T: +44 (0)20 7269 4620
David Parton, Communications Executive: [email protected]
T: +44 (0)20 7269 4625
IA press office: [email protected]
T: 020 7269 4696
About the Investment Association (IA):
- The IA champions UK investment management, supporting British savers, investors and businesses. Our 250 members manage £7.7 trillion of assets and the investment management industry supports 115,000 jobs across the UK.
- Our mission is to make investment better. Better for clients, so they achieve their financial goals. Better for companies, so they get the capital they need to grow. And better for the economy, so everyone prospers.
- Our purpose is to ensure investment managers are in the best possible position to:
- Build people’s resilience to financial adversity
- Help people achieve their financial aspirations
- Enable people to maintain a decent standard of living as they grow older
- Contribute to economic growth through the efficient allocation of capital.
- The money our members manage is in a wide variety of investment vehicles including authorised investment funds, pension funds and stocks and shares ISAs.
- The UK is the second largest investment management centre in the world, after the US and manages 37% of all assets managed in Europe.