Four directors join the Investment Association Board
For immediate release: 27 September
Four new directors have been selected to join the Investment Association (IA) Board of Directors, which oversees the IA’s activity and is made up of senior leaders from across the IA’s membership. The appointments were confirmed at the IA’s Annual General Meeting, which took place today.
Joining the Board are:
- Marcello Arona, CEO, AXA Investment Managers UK
- Nasreen Kasenally, Global Chief Operating Officer and UK Country Head, UBS Asset Management
- Euan Munro, Chief Executive Officer, Newton Investment Management
- Joseph Pinto, Chief Executive Officer, M&G Investments
The new appointees are replacing Marie Dzanis, Hassan Elmasry, Chris Hill and Nick Ring.
Patrick Thomson, Chair of the IA Board, said: “On behalf of the Investment Association, I’m delighted to welcome Marcello, Nasreen, Euan and Joseph to the IA’s Board, each bringing the necessary expertise and perspectives required for these fast-changing times. I look forward to working with our new appointees and all Board members as our industry continues to help clients meet their financial goals.
“I would also like to extend my sincere thanks to outgoing members, Marie, Hassan, Chris and Nick for their commitment and service to the IA Board.”
The changes to the Board of Directors will take effect immediately.
Notes to Editors:
Appointments to the IA board are usually for three-year terms. Board members may seek re-election after their term is complete.
Marcello Arona joined AXA IM in 2005 as the Chief Financial Officer of AXA IM Italia SIM. He moved to the US, as US CFO of AXA IM in 2013, where he was Head of Americas, leading the distribution team in the Region and coordinating the support functions. He joined the UK team as CEO in April 2021. Prior to joining AXA IM, Marcello spent five years in the private banking division of HSBC in Italy where he served as CFO and COO. His professional career also includes past roles as Senior Auditor at PWC, in the team dedicated to financial intermediaries. Marcello graduated in Economics at Universita’ di Pavia in Italy.
Nasreen Kasenally was appointed Global Chief Operating Officer for UBS Asset Management (AM) in May 2023. She is responsible for all business support functions for the division, encompassing Operating, Accounting & Control, the Chief Data Office, AM’s Transformation and Change portfolio, Business Risk Management and AM Tax, as well as those provided by UBS’s Group Functions, such as AM CDIO. She is Chair of the UBS Asset Management Operating Forum. In addition to her role as COO, Nasreen was appointed Country Head AM UK in May 2023, responsible for overseeing all AM business conducted in the UK and promoting cross-business collaboration in the location. She was approved as SMF1 Chief Executive and SMF3 Executive Director of UBS Asset Management (UK) Ltd on 13 September 2023.
Euan Munro joined Newton Investment Management in 2021 as Chief Executive Officer, from Aviva Investors where he was Chief Executive Officer and a member of the Aviva plc group executive team for 7 years. He is a seasoned investment management executive with a background in macro investing and started his career as an Actuarial Trainee at Scottish Provident to then joining Standard Life Investments (SLI) as an Inflation-Linked Portfolio Manager in 1995. Euan spent nearly 20 years at SLI where he was Head of Multi-Asset and Fixed-Interest Investing and was latterly a member of that company’s board. Euan has a first-class honours degree in Physics from the University of Edinburgh and is a Fellow of the Faculty and Institute of Actuaries.
Joseph Pinto joined M&G plc in March 2023 as Chief Executive Officer of M&G Asset Management and became a member of M&G’s Group Executive Committee, reporting to Group Chief Executive, Andrea Rossi. Joseph has accountability for all investment capabilities including the equity, fixed income, multi asset, private and alternative asset strategies alongside distribution, operations and proposition management across the Asset Management business. With 30 years of experience in asset management, financial services, and consulting, Joseph joined from Natixis Investment Managers where he served as Head of Distribution and Investment Solutions for EMEA, APAC and LATAM and Global Chief Operating Officer. Previously at AXA Investment Managers for 13 years, Joseph held senior positions, including Global Chief Operating Officer, Global Head of Markets & Investment Strategy and Head of Business Development for Southern Europe and the Middle East.
For further information, please contact:
Helen Ayres, Head of Communications: [email protected]
T: +44 (0)20 7269 4620
Arianna Schardt, Communications Executive: [email protected]
T: +44 (0)20 7269 4625
IA press office: [email protected]
About the Investment Association (IA):
- The IA champions UK investment management, supporting British savers, investors and businesses. Our 250 members manage £10 trillion of assets and the investment management industry supports 114,000 jobs across the UK.
- Our mission is to make investment better. Better for clients, so they achieve their financial goals. Better for companies, so they get the capital they need to grow. And better for the economy, so everyone prospers.
- Our purpose is to ensure investment managers are in the best possible position to:
- Build people’s resilience to financial adversity
- Help people achieve their financial aspirations
- Enable people to maintain a decent standard of living as they grow older
- Contribute to economic growth through the efficient allocation of capital.
- The money our members manage is in a wide variety of investment vehicles including authorised investment funds, pension funds and stocks and shares ISAs.
- The UK is the second largest investment management centre in the world, after the US and manages 37% of all assets managed in Europe.