FINAL RESPONSE TO CALL FOR EVIDENCE: SEXISM IN THE CITY
The inquiry included a focus on:
- The progress in removing the barriers to women entering and progressing their careers across the financial services industry, including progress to financial services firms’ Boards, including executive roles;
- The impact of the Treasury’s Women in Finance Charter and any other Government and Regulator initiatives;
- The progress on removing gender pay gaps in financial services and in implementing measures to address such gaps;
- The role of the Government and financial regulators in:
- Ensuring appropriate data is collected and published,
- Marketing the financial industry to a more diverse base of potential recruits,
- Ensuring firm cultures, policies and practices support women’s aspirations and progress; and
- The role of, and progress of, firms, Government and financial regulators in combatting sexual harassment and misogyny in financial services, and offering effective ways to escalate concerns about sexual harassment.
The Call for Evidence is now closed and the IA’s final response is available here. We thank members for their participation.