Aviva Investors’ new CEO Mark Versey joins Investment Association Board
Friday 29 January 2021
Mark Versey, CEO of Aviva Investors*, has today been appointed to the Investment Association’s Board of Directors.
Announcing the appointment, Chris Cummings, Chief Executive of the Investment Association, said:
"Today I’m delighted to welcome Mark to the IA’s Board of Directors. His vast experience and leadership will be invaluable as we chart our industry’s response to the continuing economic uncertainty caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Mark’s industry insight will help guide the IA board and I look forward to him joining our team."
Commenting on his appointment to the Board, Mark Versey, CEO of Aviva Investors, said:
“I’m very pleased to be joining the strong array of industry leaders on the IA’s board at what is a critical moment, both in our economic recovery from the COVID pandemic and tackling the ongoing climate crisis. The investment industry has an integral role to play in addressing both these issues and must use its considerable influence to ensure that capital continues to flow into activities best-aligned with achieving those goals. I look forward to helping shape the IA’s work as we prepare for the challenges and opportunities ahead, and ensure our industry continues to serve the needs of savers and investors.”
Mark’s appointment will take effect immediately.
Notes to Editors:
- *Subject to regulatory approval.
- Appointments to the IA board are usually for three-year terms. Board members may seek re-election after their term is complete.
- Mark Versey is CEO of Aviva Investors and a Director of the Aviva Investors Global Services Limited Board. Mark joined Aviva Investors in 2014 and was appointed CEO in January 2021. Previously, he was Chief Investment Officer for Aviva Investors Real Assets from its formation in May 2018, during which time the business saw material growth, with assets under management increasing from £37 billion to £47 billion. Mark previously sat on the IA’s Investment Committee and currently chairs its Sustainability and Responsible Investment Committee.
- Euan Munro, former CEO of Aviva Investors, has now left the IA Board.
For further information, please contact:
Katie Martin, Head of Communications: [email protected]
T: +44 (0)20 7269 4655
Helen Ayres, Communications Manager: [email protected]
T: +44 (0)20 7269 4620
David Parton, Communications Executive: [email protected]
T: +44 (0)20 7269 4625
IA press office: [email protected]
T: 020 7269 4696
About the Investment Association (IA):
- The IA champions UK investment management, supporting British savers, investors and businesses. Our 250 members manage £8.5 trillion of assets and the investment management industry supports 113,000 jobs across the UK.
- Our mission is to make investment better. Better for clients, so they achieve their financial goals. Better for companies, so they get the capital they need to grow. And better for the economy, so everyone prospers.
- Our purpose is to ensure investment managers are in the best possible position to:
- Build people’s resilience to financial adversity
- Help people achieve their financial aspirations
- Enable people to maintain a decent standard of living as they grow older
- Contribute to economic growth through the efficient allocation of capital.
- The money our members manage is in a wide variety of investment vehicles including authorised investment funds, pension funds and stocks and shares ISAs.
- The UK is the second largest investment management centre in the world, after the US and manages over a third (37%) of all assets managed in Europe.
About Aviva Investors:
- Aviva Investors is the global asset management business of Aviva plc. The business delivers investment management solutions, services and client-driven performance to clients worldwide. Aviva Investors operates in 14 countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and the United Kingdom with assets under management of £355 billion in assets as at 30 June 2020.