IA boosts Corporate Affairs team with senior Government hire
Monday 21 October 2019
The Investment Association (IA), the trade body for the investment management industry whose members manage £7.7 trillion of assets, has appointed Katie Martin as its new Head of Communications, in a move to further strengthen the industry’s media profile.
Katie will be joining the IA’s award-winning Corporate Affairs team, to lead the trade body’s communications strategy, championing the investment management industry in the eyes of policymakers and consumers. Reporting to Emily Walch, Director of Corporate Affairs, Katie will be part of a diverse ten-strong team, encompassing both media relations and government affairs.
Katie joins the IA from HM Treasury where she has been Head of News for two and a half years, after spending the previous nine years in the Department for Work and Pensions communications team.
Emily Walch, Director of Corporate Affairs at the Investment Association, said:
“With three-quarters of all UK households using the services of an investment manager, our industry is now firmly facing life on the public square. The way in which consumers perceive and engage with our industry is more important than ever before.
“I am delighted Katie will be joining our team, where she will play a crucial role in championing our industry and developing campaigns to help ensure investment management is better understood by the general public and policymakers.”
Katie Martin, Head of Communications at the Investment Association, said:
“I am really pleased to be joining the IA’s award-winning team and taking a leading role in helping to tell the story of this exciting and important industry to policymakers as well as the ordinary person on the street.
“I look forward to working closely with our members, journalists and key stakeholders to help showcase our industry to new and diverse audiences, with the support of a smart and welcoming team.”
Notes to Editor:
The Investment Association Corporate Affairs team won the ‘Campaign of the Year’ Award and was Highly Commended for ‘In-House Team of the Year’ at last week’s PR Week Awards.
For further information, please contact:
Helen Ayres, Communications Manager: [email protected]
T: +44 (0)20 7269 4620
David Parton, Communications Executive: [email protected]
T: +44 (0)20 7269 4625
IA press office: [email protected]
T: 020 7269 4696
About the Investment Association (IA):
- The IA champions UK asset management, supporting British savers, investors and businesses. Our 250 members manage £7.7 trillion of assets and the asset management industry supports 115,000 jobs across the UK.
- Our mission is to make investment better. Better for clients, so they achieve their financial goals. Better for companies, so they get the capital they need to grow. And better for the economy, so everyone prospers.
- Our purpose is to ensure investment managers are in the best possible position to:
- Build people’s resilience to financial adversity
- Help people achieve their financial aspirations
- Enable people to maintain a decent standard of living as they grow older
- Contribute to economic growth through the efficient allocation of capital.
- The money our members manage is in a wide variety of investment vehicles including authorised investment funds, pension funds and stocks and shares ISAs.
- The UK is the second largest investment management centre in the world, after the US and manages 37% of all assets managed in Europe.