Investment Association’s FinTech hub opens search for new Engine cohort
Tuesday 20 October 2020
The Investment Association (IA) has today opened applications as it seeks its fourth cohort of cutting-edge FinTech innovators for Engine, the IA’s specialist FinTech accelerator and innovation hub for the investment management industry.
Two years since its official launch, the IA has seen more than 130 FinTechs join Engine’s ranks, with 15 of these taking part in its accelerator programme. The IA’s FinTech offering has developed rapidly over the last two years, moving from just a FinTech accelerator programme and IA FinTech membership. It has culminated in the launch of its co-working ‘Engine Room’ in Birmingham, and the development of its Global FinTech Partners Programme with city-level representatives from Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Doha, with additional centres being added by the end of Q4 2020. In recognition of this, the IA’s FinTech offering was rebranded from Velocity to Engine in April 2020.
Gillian Painter, Head of Membership and the Engine at the Investment Association, said:
“This month marks two years since the launch of Engine, the IA’s FinTech offering that has moved from strength to strength.
“In the age of COVID-19, we have seen the art of the possible when it comes to tech adoption. That’s why today we’ve launched the hunt for the next cohort of cutting-edge FinTechs to join Engine, drive innovation and ensure the UK investment management industry remains world-leading.”
As the doors open to establish the fourth Engine cohort, FinTech firms with market-viable technology are being invited to apply to participate through the Engine website by midnight on Friday 11 December, as the investment management industry seeks innovative new technological solutions to increase business efficiency and enhance the customer experience.
During the six-month programme, the FinTech firms will benefit from unparalleled access to the IA and industry expertise, and will gain valuable exposure to industry networks and potential clients. Participants will also benefit from mentoring from the Engine Advisory Panel of industry practitioners. The fourth cohort will officially join and participate in the Engine innovator programme in Q1 2021.
To find out more and to apply for IA FinTech membership & the Engine accelerator programme visit this page.
For enquiries on IA FinTech membership and Engine applications, please contact:
Gillian Painter, Head of Membership and the Engine: [email protected]
For further information, please contact:
Katie Martin, Head of Communications: [email protected]
T: +44 (0)20 7269 4655
Helen Ayres, Communications Manager: [email protected]
T: +44 (0)20 7269 4620
David Parton, Communications Executive: [email protected]
T: +44 (0)20 7269 4625
IA press office: [email protected]
T: 020 7269 4696
About the Investment Association (IA):
- The IA champions UK investment management, supporting British savers, investors and businesses. Our 250 members manage £8.5 trillion of assets and the investment management industry supports 113,000 jobs across the UK.
- Our mission is to make investment better. Better for clients, so they achieve their financial goals. Better for companies, so they get the capital they need to grow. And better for the economy, so everyone prospers.
- Our purpose is to ensure investment managers are in the best possible position to:
- Build people’s resilience to financial adversity
- Help people achieve their financial aspirations
- Enable people to maintain a decent standard of living as they grow older
- Contribute to economic growth through the efficient allocation of capital.
- The money our members manage is in a wide variety of investment vehicles including authorised investment funds, pension funds and stocks and shares ISAs.
- The UK is the second largest investment management centre in the world, after the US and manages 37% of all assets managed in Europe.